- Fairafel (Kaitlyn) – Half-Elf Sorcerer 7
- Idra (Paul) – Human Monk 7
- Indica (Hannah) – Air Genasi Druid 7
- Kronk (Katie) – Tiefling Barbarian 7
Named NPCs Encountered
Temple of Howling Hatred
- Aerisi Kalinoth – The head of the air cult. She is DEAD.
- Walter – A howling hatred initiate who was waiting on a ranking priest. He managed to raise the alarm for Aerisi to regroup.
- Bero Gladham – A commoner captured by the cult. His wife Nerise was “taken below”.
- After resting in Aerisi’s throne room (and leveling) the party descended down to see which way Aerisi went. They found a deep shaft they couldn’t see the bottom of.
- They went east, exploring the quarry, then ambushed some air cultists. A kenku tried to run and tell others, but with a heal click the monk ran it down and shattered it’s bones.
- Walter, weary and released from his duties, came out of the priest’s quarters to find the party listening outside the door. Fairafel tried to shush him. He ran back into the room screaming.
- A fight broke out. Lightning bolts hurt, but the party crushed them.
- Walter just barely managed to blow a silent whistle without being killed first. The entire temple vibrated.
- The party heard rushing footsteps.
- Fairafel roasted some Kenku.
- Fairafel lightning bolted two priests, but they returned the favor. (They both cast Witch Bolt at 3rd level. One of them crit, so it was 9d12.)
- Fairafel dropped. Indica (In direwolf form) ran at the priests. Idra cut through the rooms and dropped a priest. Kronk also cut through the room and dropped the other.
- After using Healing Word on Fairafel, the party took a short rest.
- They found some tortured commoners, including Bero. They unshackled and armed them.
- They found a group of would-be cultists chained to a chain hoist. They freed the two that wanted to leave, and left the other three to rot.
- Intending to lead the captives to the exit, Idra entered the fortress murder shoot and found a couple Kenku aiming arrows.
- They hid the commoners in a room and went to try and find a way to get the waiting Kenku.
- They instead found that Aerisi was rallying what was left of her troops in the pyramid. Time to end this.
- Fairafel snuck up to the open eastern doorway with Idra nearby, while Kronk and Indica went to the western doors.
- Fairafel blew all of her Sorcerous strength silently casting a 4th level fireball and centering it on an unaware Aerisi. This badly wounded Aerisi and killed half her troops.
- Hearing the explosion, Indica and Kronk burst the door open.
- Not knowing where the attack actually came from, Aerisi lashed out at Indica and Kronk with Chain Lightning.
- Kronk responded with Hellish Rebuke.
- Indica burst in and used her staff to Wall of Thorns Aerisi, killing her and a Kenku.
- The party mopped up the rest, taking one Kenku prisoner.
- Indica took Windvane. She can tell it’s powerful but hasn’t attuned to it… yet.
- Idra vaulted over to the waterfall wall, and climbed around to get at the Kenku. They died swiftly.
- The party escorted the commoners out.
- The party killed the cultists trying to learn to live “on air alone”.
- The party is resting in the pyramid. The northern portion of the map still needs to be explored, but presumably it’s cultists were part of the rallied forces.
- END SESSION.
XP Log (16000, 4000 each)
- Locating the entrance to the Temple of the Crushing Wave. (895xp)
- Saving 7 commoners from torture, indoctrination, and/or ritual sacrifice. (3500xp)
- Capturing Windvane, the legendary spear containing a fragment of Yin-C-Bin. (4000xp)
- Foes Defeated (7605xp)
○ Cultist Commoners x3 (CR 0)
○ Howling Hatred Initiate x15 (CR 1/8)
○ Kenku x13 (CR 1/4)
○ Howling Hatred Priest x3 (CR 2)
○ Hurricane (CR 2)
○ Skyweaver x2 (CR 3)
○ Aerisi Kalinoth, Leader of the Cult of the Howling Hatred (CR 7)